How to Prevent Pimples with your Diet
What you put in you will get out.
Whether you love or hate this statement, it’s the truth even when it comes to your skin.
Your skin’s current condition is the result of many factors. To a large extent, it showcases the condition of your overall health.
If you’re not happy with the way your skin looks, you’ve probably tried many skin products already. These won’t cause any improvement if your body itself is unhealthy. Certain acne is the result of your body fighting inflammation and getting rid of toxins. You won’t prevent that by cleaning the exterior of your body.
I’m not saying this will clear your skin because we both know it won’t. That doesn’t mean that it can’t help, though.
Remember that each person is different.
How does Your Diet Cause Pimples?
You may love certain foods, but do you like what they do to your body?
Their effects include:
- It increases insulin levels which culminates in higher levels of oil in your skin.
- It can cause blood sugar levels to spike which automatically causes inflammation in your body. This manifests on your skin.
- Some foods’ growth hormones change the normal production of skin cells. This can result in blocked pores.
- Grease in food can cause inflammation which will also reflect in your skin.
You need a diet that won’t have these effects on your body. As your body’s level of inflammation subsides, and hormones return to normal, your skin will have fewer pimples.
Can you commit to such a diet?
Foods to Avoid
When you think of food items in your kitchen, you can probably identify which ones cause the effects mentioned above.
Please do yourself a favor and remove them from your home. It’s easier to eat healthier if the unhealthy options don’t distract you.
A simple diet is easy to follow. Don’t complicate it by reading the packaging of every item you purchase. An easy guide is to avoid:
- Foods with a high glycaemic level. Processed foods such as bread and white rice are excellent examples.
- Fast food.
Yes, it will take willpower to cut out these food items. Luckily there are many tasty alternatives.
Try Eating More of These
The short version of a healthy diet is that fresh fruits and vegetables are your best option. They’re filled with the minerals your body needs to recover, and you don’t run the risk of digesting processed foods.
These Are The Best Foods For the Skin
- Nuts that are high in vitamins, calcium and iron.
- These all help skin recover faster.
- Fish because of its high levels of Omega oils. They reduce and prevent inflammation. Fish such as salmon can even help with blemishes.
- Herbs such as garlic which help fight inflammation.
Nutrients for Your Skin
Despite what expert marketing campaigns say, the food you eat doesn’t contain enough vitamins and minerals. Thanks to processed foods, today’s society get much fewer essential minerals via food than the human body actually needs.
This is Why These Foods Are Important
Your skin condition might be due to a lack of minerals such as:
- Omega 3 fish oil – A lack of omega 3s in the body can result in inflammation such as acne.
- Try to obtain omega 3 oils through fish (tunafish is a great option)
- Zinc (green vegetables): You need enough Zinc to ensure your skin cells can divide and grow. Without new skin cells your body shows the effect of bacteria entering via the skin. Add zince your diet through Your skin may get less inflamed and become a stronger barrier.
Healthy Habits for Skin
Are you wondering how long you have to eat this way to see the effect?
Make peace that your skin won’t be blemish-free overnight.
However, you will probably see and feel some quick results. This will start with higher energy levels because you’re managing a healthier sugar intake.
Your skin will show the results after all toxins have been expelled. Therefore you need to keep following the diet for a few months to see the true effect.
Do you have the commitment it will take to push through?
When you decide to follow a new eating plan, it’s wise to turn it into a lifestyle. If you don’t, old problems will simply return.
Writer: John Stuart
Here’s my website: http://www.cosmeticatrainingcourses.co.uk/